Saturday, October 20, 2007

My Eid ul-Fitr Experience

Eid ul-Fitr often abbreviated to Eid, is a Muslim holiday that marks the end of Ramadan, the month of fasting. Eid is an Arabic word meaning "festivity", while Fiṭr means "to break the fast" (and can also mean "nature", from the word "fitrah") and so symbolizes the breaking of the fasting period.
On the day of celebration,I and my Family awakes very early, does the first normal everyday prayer, and ate a little, symbolizing the end of Ramadan.After I ate,I go to the mosque for Eid prayer.Eid prayer is generally short and is followed by a sermon (khuṭba). After that,I and my dad go to my brother and my sister grave.Every year we go to give ourprayer to them and clean the mess around the grave.After I and my father backed from the cemetry,we went to marhaban around our neighbourhood.The special thinks about the marhaban,we know each other,knowing each other and regret our forgiveness from them.

The rest of the day,I and my family spent my time with our relatives.The important things,we wore baju melayu and samping for whole day.It is customary for Malays to wear traditional Malay cultural outfit on the Eid.Eid ul-Fitr is a very joyous day for children for on this day adults are especially generous. Children will be given token sums of money, also known as "duit raya,from their parents or elders.BUt for me,so sad.I don't get any duit raya this year.

Eid ul-Fitr is a joyous occasion with important religious significance, celebrating the achievement of enhanced piety. It is a day of forgiveness, moral victory, peace of congregation, fellowship, brotherhood and unity. Muslims celebrate not only the end of all that fasting but also thank God for the help and strength that they believe he gave them through the previous month to help everyone practice self-control. It is a time of giving and sharing, and many Muslims dress in holiday attire.
ps:who read this,pleasegive me duit raya.minimum one is RM50.

No comments: